Terminal Expansion at Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
Panama City Beach, Florida
This airport terminal project provided an expansion to the gate and hold room capacity to accommodate the increasing numbers of passengers and aircraft. The construction added two gates each with an enclosed ramp leading up to the jet bridges and seating for approximately 250 passengers.
Additional amenities included restrooms with a changing station, concessions, and a large window wall to view the airport activity.
- 7,000-square-foot expansion
- Eleven portable building modules designed to fit together into one unit with MEP rough-ins already in place
- Finishes consistent with existing terminal
- Connects to existing lower hold room for passenger movement
- One refurbished and one new passenger boarding bridges
- Construction had to be done in a way that allowed for continued daily use of the aircraft apron for loading and unloading
- Client Panama City-Bay County Airport and Industrial District
- Architect JRA Architects, Inc.
- Contractor Allstate Construction
Project Cost$6 million
Project/Construction StartNovember 2019
Completion DateAugust 2020
ZHA provided services for design and budget programming, team selection, design management, budget management, project management and CA during construction, inspections, and weekly progress meeting coordination.
ZHA is currently providing general consulting and planning services under a 5-year continuing services contract to assist the Airport with planning, design and construction projects.