Sensors Are A Part of Daily Life
You, your family and friends can credit sensors for better health. Bio sensors are key to medical monitoring to help:
- uncover tumors and recognize cancer cells within the body,
- detect glucose levels in diabetics,
- identify specific genetic defects, and
- enable doctors to deliver treatments more directly where it's needed.
Sensors make your life more convenient:
- Sensors help keep our homes cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Without sensors in our kitchen appliances, our refrigerators wouldn't keep food from spoiling, and our ovens wouldn't stay hot enough to finish cooking our Sunday dinners.
- Sensors help tell us when a traffic accident on I-4 will cost us another 30 minutes on the road.
Sensors make us safer:
- They detect if there is too much carbon dioxide in the air in our homes.
- Sensors help keep track of the quality and quantity of ingredients in the manufacturing of our foods and pharmaceuticals.
- They alert us if we are about to back into someone in our cars while we try to parallel park on Main Street.